Amnesty in Action
- Guiomar to urge the US Government to help ensure that UCC and Dow respect the Indian criminal process Demand US and India governments deliver justice for Bhopal disaster
- Raavikant This Women’s Day, instruct all police stations to adopt and follow a clear & comprehensive WRITTEN PROTOCOL for registering reports of sexual violence. Take action to ensure women in Bengaluru are ready to report sexual violence safely
- Aastha called on the Indian Law Minister to reopen every one of the cases related to 1984 massacres closed by the Delhi police Demand justice for 1984
- megha called on the Punjab Chief Minister to bring back Indian migrant workers trapped in Iraq Bring back Indian migrant workers trapped in Iraq
- megha called for investigations of civilian deaths in Afghanistan Demand Accountability for Killings of Afghan Civilians
- megha Urge the Chinese and Hong Kong authorities to respect the rights of peaceful protesters Urge the Chinese and Hong Kong authorities to respect the rights of peaceful protesters
- megha release all those detained for peacefully showing support for the pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong Release all those detained for peacefully showing support for pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong.
- megha Remind SAARC leaders to Stand up for Human Rights in Sri Lanka Remind SAARC leaders to Stand up for Human Rights in Sri Lanka
- megha By the time the G20 meets in Australia on 15-16 November, member states should ensure resources required to halt the Ebola outbreak are made available. G20 member states: Take action now to halt the Ebola outbreak!
- megha End discrimination, ensure impartial investigation, protect witness and open up free speech in the next 100 days. End discrimination, ensure impartial investigation, protect witness and open up free speech in the n
“View Amnesty International History video on YouTube now!” - Watch
Voices of Amnesty
Where: Corporation Community Centre. Vadivel Naikhan Street, Near Kasi Theatre, Chennai
When: Sunday 14 September, 11:00 am
Where: SIDCO nagar, Corporation community centre, SIDCO Nagar Main road, Near sub registrar office. Villivakkam
When: Sunday 14 September, 4:00 pm
Where: K B Dhasan Corporation community hall, K Barathidasan Road (K B Dhasan Road ), Near SIET college
When: Saturday 04 October, 5:00 pm
25 February 2015
World leaders must act urgently to confront the changing nature of conflict and protect civilians from horrific violence by states and armed groups.
24 February 2015
Indian lawmakers should reject any amendments to the land acquisition law that do away with crucial human rights safeguards and could lead to forced evictions
19 February 2015
A recent public hearing in Korba on the nearly four-fold expansion of the Kusmunda coal mine failed to meaningfully consult adivasi and other vulnerable communities who would be affected by the mine’s expansion
12 February 2015
The Non-Residential Keralites Global Meet organized by the Government of Kerala to discuss issues of visa deception, exploitation and discrimination concerning NRKs living abroad.
09 February 2015
There was never a single mention of human rights or human dignity. Instead, there was ignorance and outright indifference to the facts.
02 February 2015
Like me, a woman may ultimately decide not to file a complaint, but the system must continue to make it easier for her to do so