AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL INDIA – APPRENTICESHIP IN MEDIA
Amnesty International India is offering an apprenticeship in Media which is based out of our Delhi office. This programme is designed for individuals interested in gaining experience working with a human rights organization, in different capacities. We are especially interested in candidates from Dalit or Adivasi communities, persons with disabilities and members of religious minorities groups who can contribute through their experience to the diversity and effectiveness of our workplace.
Apart from the scope of work outlined below, apprentices will have an opportunity to learn more about the work that Amnesty does, and contribute their own skills and knowledge to the organization.
1. Assist in policy analysis on HRE and various strategies adapted by State and Non-State actors.
2. Develop a database of civil society organizations and National/State Human Rights institutions, Academic institutions and other stakeholders who work on HRE in India.
3. To complete a Status Report on the policies and implementation of Human Rights Education in India.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Media team works to promote Amnesty International India’s main findings and recommendations in the external world. The team’s primary task is to bring human rights issues into the public arena through engaging closely with the national and regional media.
1. Building networks with national and regional media especially Hindi media.
2. Supporting the media work requirements of all Amnesty India projects.
3. Scanning the media for spotting opportunities to promote human rights issues.
4. Drafting responses to media queries; drafting press releases and other media outputs.
- Background in media or communications work.
- Multimedia skills.
- Strong proficiency in Hindi including the ability to draft press releases and official communication.
- Good networks in national and state based Hindi media (print, electronic & digital).
- No of positions: One
- Duration: Fixed-term for 3 months
- Start date: September 1, 2017
- Location: Delhi.
- Remuneration: INR. 15,000 per month. TDS will be deducted as applicable.
- Last date for receipt of applications: 25th August, 2017
Apply with a one-page cover letter (and if possible, a CV) stating suitability and motivations to [email protected] by 25th August, 2017 along with the filled in affirmative action form which can be downloaded here; mandatory to mention the ‘Amnesty Apprenticeship programme’ in the subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews.