Amnesty International (AI) is a Nobel Peace Prize-winning global movement of over three million people committed to campaigning and action to improve human rights standards enshrined in the Indian Constitution and International Law. As an independent and impartial organization driven by accurate and timely research, Amnesty has been at the forefront of defending those who are denied their rights. Amnesty International works to promote international justice, cooperation and dialogue.
Amnesty International (AI) India aspires to build a large and inclusive movement that has a significant impact on the burning Human Rights issues of contemporary India while sustaining a long-term effort to the establishment of a rights-respecting society in India.
Manager – Major Donor Programme
The title works with and reports to the Sr. Manager- Major Donor Programme and the position will be expected to create and close leads for medium to large gifts from High Net Worth Individuals (HNIs) & Ultra High Net Worth Individuals (UHNIs) for AI India. The position will work with the Sr. Manager to engage with a group of existing High Net worth (HNI)) donors and create new openings. You will responsible for designing and executing high-value events (as applicable) and engagement models to create and convert leads and prospects into high-value major gift givers towards achieving annual fundraising revenue targets.
The position is expected to provide cutting edge presentation, storytelling and relationship skills to retain & acquire Major Donors and raise the Major Gift profile of AI India along with the Sr. Manager – Major Donor Programme. Raise agreed upon and projected Major Donor revenue and increase the portfolio value through good retention strategy and engaging with key networks in increasing the number of donors over the next 5 years.
• Consistently open up new opportunities and increase the donor database through networking, research, collaborations, engagements, events etc.
• Achieve annual revenue goals set in consultation with the Sr. Manager.
• Identify new leads, create the relevant database for HNI & UHNI prospects and develop engagement models for them.
• Acquire HNI donors as per annual plan and fundraising target.
• Organize Face to Face meetings and discussions with donors & prospects.
• Create HNI private charity events with existing leads to produce new donors, as and when the opportunity arises.
• Networking and alliances with organizations, institutions and business entities for creating leads.
• Open possibilities for AI India representation in multiple high-value annual events to create access to HNIs.
Skills and Experience Required:
Preference will be given to candidates with a background in Major Donor Fundraising.
• Preferably 3-5 years of working experience in high-value fundraising or high-value relationship management.
• Experience in Major Donor Fundraising or relevant Experience of developing and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships with donors/funders.
• Ability to make strategic decisions in order to meet fundraising targets.
• Ability to develop strategic relationships with donor and represent AI India in a professional manner.
• Excellent written & oral communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex issues clearly for external audiences.
• Ability to exercise diplomacy and tact in dealing with and building relationships with key stakeholders (both internal and external) at all levels.
• Ability to build support for and represent the team within the movement and liaise with people at all levels of the organization.
Planning and Organizational skills:
• Experience of managing competing deadlines and prioritising own workload in a busy environment.
• Proven capacity to plan ahead taking into account a number of factors and using own initiative.
• Ability to think strategically, and achieve fundraising targets and long-term aims of team.
• Ability to influence others when required and make recommendations on alternative courses of action if appropriate.
Financial and Budgeting Skills:
• Experience of developing and monitoring own and/or team budget.
• A proven ability to work effectively within a team, setting clear goals, coordinating work with colleagues and providing advice to other members of the team when required.
• A proven ability to adopt a flexible approach to work and provide pro-active cover within the team.
• A proven ability to negotiate solutions and resources between programmes and project team members
Other Skills and Experience:
• Extensive experience and fluency in MS Office, presentation tools, planning dashboards etc.
• Knowledge of using CRM software is preferable.
Amnesty International India is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to building a diverse workplace which is mindful of historical injustice in India. We are especially interested in candidates from Dalit and Adivasi communities, persons with disabilities and members of religious minority groups, who can contribute through their experience to the diversity and effectiveness of our workplace.
Equality and diversity are core to our values as an organization. Staff members are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to colleagues from different backgrounds, and value and respect their work.
Conflict of Interest
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.
Location: New Delhi
Reports to: Sr. Manager – Major Donor Programme
Salary: INR: 946,441/- per annum
Travel: Frequent travel within NCR, surrounding areas and cities, Bangalore & Occasional International travel for Conference & Skill shares (as applicable).
Send in a cover letter stating suitability, your Resume and filled in affirmative action form, which can be downloaded here, to [email protected] by 31st October, 2017. There will also be a test after the interview. Applications without the filled in Affirmative Action Form will not be accepted. Only shortlisted applications will be called for interviews. Open only for Indian citizens and