Amnesty International is a Nobel Peace Prize-winning global movement of over three million people committed to campaigning and action to improve human rights standards enshrined in the Indian Constitution and International Law. As an independent and impartial organization driven by accurate and timely research, Amnesty has been at the forefront of defending those who are denied their rights.
Amnesty International works to promote international justice, cooperation, and dialogue. Amnesty International India aspires to build a large and inclusive movement that has a significant impact on the burning Human Rights issues of contemporary India while sustaining a long-term effort to the establishment of a rights-respecting society in India.
The Office Coordinator reports to the Sr. Officer Administration of Operations department and is responsible for providing support to the Amnesty International India administrative office.
Responsible for smooth functioning of the branch office by providing adequate support for admin, operations, finance and FR function that are currently established. The Office Coordinator is the point of contact for all branch office related work.
Admin and IT:
- Office Custodian.
- Attending Calls & Greeting Visitors.
- Utility bill payments before the due date.
- Coordinate with HO and help in booking accommodation for staff traveling to your respective city
- Coordinate with HO to make necessary travel arrangement for staff and visitors to the Branch office
- Arrangement of Staff meetings & other events.
- Address small IT related issues with guidance from IT engineer at Bangalore.
- Negotiate with external vendors for purchase of non-CapEx office equipment under the guidance of Sr Admin Officer
- Office Maintenance (Stationaries stock & procurement, Cleanliness etc.).
- Courier – Inward & Outward movement.
- Office Asset Management.
- Maintain a stock of all necessary documents required for the fundraising & office teams (in soft/hard copies)
- Maintain a database in excel of all supporters enrolled in the respective city
- Responsible for cross-checking the data of supporters & reverting to the donor database team
- Coordinate with vendors on issues relating to day-to-day office administration and maintenance/repairs, plus liaison on maintenance schedule
- Handle petty cash and send the expense report with correct cost centers and approvals to the reporting Manager and finance team when the petty cash balance reaches Rs. 15,000/- or once in 15 days whichever is earlier to ensure an amount of Rs. 30,000/- is always maintained as petty cash.
- Helping the staff in their expense claims/settlements/advance requests
- Asset Invoice Maintenance
- Onboarding and couriering the files to Bangalore office once in 15 days
- To maintain the record of existing staff at the branch office
- ID card to be printed.
- Follow up for Bank Account creation, Email ID creation-follow up, Laptop (as per the Orgn policy) for new joiners
- Report Employee Issues if any, to Bangalore office.
- Staff Loan documents.
- Exit Interview.
- Attendance & leave entry to the HRIS system-Greytip.
- Other jobs as and when assigned.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate has superior organizational skills, is self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, and energetic. Must be a team player and have basic writing, editing, and data entry skills. Superior communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple task are essential. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and be a quick study on new computer programs. Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience in an administrative coordination capacity is required.
Amnesty International India is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to building a diverse workplace which is mindful of historical injustice in India. We are especially interested in candidates from Dalit or Adivasi communities and persons with disabilities, religious minorities who can contribute through their experience to the diversity and effectiveness of our workplace.
Equality and diversity are core to our values as an organization. Staff members are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to colleagues from different backgrounds, and value and respect their work.
Conflict of interest:
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.
Send in your Resume to [email protected] by 15th August, 2017. Please include “Office Coordinator - Hyderabad” in the subject line of your email along with the filled in affirmative action form which can be downloaded here. Applications without the affirmative action form will not be accepted.
- Location: Hyderabad
- Reports to: F2F manager for the day to day activities & to Sr. Admin Officer for overall functioning
- Salary: INR 174,720/- CTC per annum
- Travel: Within the city