SUPPORTER SERVICES MANAGER | LOCATION: BANGALORE, INDIA
Amnesty International is a Nobel Peace Prize-winning global movement of over three million people committed to campaigning and action to improve human rights standards enshrined in the Indian Constitution and International Law. As an independent and impartial organization driven by accurate and timely research, Amnesty has been at the forefront of defending those who are denied their rights. Amnesty International works to promote international justice, cooperation, and dialogue.
Amnesty International India aspires to build a large and inclusive movement that has a significant impact on the burning Human Rights issues of contemporary India while sustaining a long-term effort to the establishment of a rights-respecting society in India.
This position is strategically crucial for long-term sustainability of the organization and is critical for the overall achievement of our mission. Supporter Services Manager works with and reports to the Fundraising Director and shall have other key cross functional relationships. The position will ensure that a sizeable portion of our donors remain loyal to us and support our work for a long time. This position will lead manage and be responsible for donor loyalty programs, managing donor journeys to ensure retention and up-gradation and driving plans forward in order to maximize donor engagement and lifetime value. It will also focus on acquiring new donors through its tele-calling program through Digital Lead Generation & Fundraising.
A senior marketing communication professional and manager with relevant experience of non-profit communication; is expected to provide leadership to a team and to lead all donor relationship and engagement strategy and plans to enhance our bondage with existing donors, which will be reflected by the sustaining and enhancing donor support and commitment. A creative and innovative individual with a good streak of entrepreneurial fire and a comfort with handling strategic communication work. Critical to the role is managing the expectations of a range of individual donors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Retention strategy for one off and regular giving donors
- Ongoing communication with donors
- Retaining & Upgrading regular gift donors
- Retaining & Upgrading one off donors
- Acquisition of new donors through leads generated from Digital Marketing.
- Design and execute donor loyalty programs by implementing usage of donor welcome gifts and other periodic engagements etc.
- Design and execute multiple innovative donor engagement programs
- Manage a team of donor support, retention and up-gradation executives.
- Achieve year on year revenue goals.
- Manage the communication strategy for donor retention and ensure that it aligns with the Organisation partnership and fundraising strategy.
- Co-ordinate cross functional relationships with Face to Face fundraising, mobilisation, program, finance, research, and operations.
- Develop plans, tactics, and actions to increase donor loyalty and to maximize their value.
- Provide leadership into creative and functional aspects of donor relationship management.
- Deliver an engaging donor relationship program and create donor welcome, retention, upgrade and reactivation materials.
- Identify and assess donor development and retention best practices, providing onsite training and mentoring to team and clients.
- Work closely with the Acquisition Managers, Fundraising Analysts and Membership Support Coordinators in order to maximize donor retention.
- Lead and manage creation and usage of donor communication materials and other marketing programs for retention, upgrade and reactivation.
- Work with the team in India and elsewhere to produce written communications, including reports, updates, creative briefs or proposals as needed for the follow-up or retention, upgrade or reactivation.
- Maintain a keen interest and good lay understanding of requirements research issues in order to communicate these effectively to internal and external audiences.
Skills, attributes, and experience required
The position will be driven by wanting to ensure the channels it manage are successful and build an excellent return, and the team as well as colleagues in supporting teams are highly motivated to deliver. The position will also need to be fascinated by how it can creatively inspire existing donors to support our unique approach to protect rights for a long term.
- 5-7 years of experience in role similar to Customer / Donor Relations in a corporate or Non-Profit.
- Strong understanding of tele-calling / telemarketing program.
- Fair understanding of non- profit communication.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and to take a leadership role
- Cultural sensitivity – the ability to work effectively cross culturally and adapt communications style as needed to foster collaboration.
- Strong analytical skills – the ability to analyse marketing and financial data to guide decision making.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in using databases and data management.
- Preferable: Exposure to Human Rights or other development issues.
- Strong understanding of socio-political and economic scenario in India
Finance and Management
- Annual budget and planning
- Reporting and monitoring progress
Amnesty International India is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants including women, members of caste, religious and sexual minorities, people from all regions and persons with disabilities.
Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staffs are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
Conflict of Interest
Public or other activity, affiliation to or support for any group or organization, personal association or other factor which may generate a real or perceived conflict of interest with Amnesty International’s principles (specifically independence and impartiality), or raise a security concern, or otherwise prevent the candidate from carrying out key functions of the specific post and would therefore disqualify the candidate from being appointed.
Send in a cover letter of not more than 500 words explaining your interest and suitability and your vision around the position responsibilities, along with your resume and filled in affirmative action form, which can be downloaded here to [email protected] by 30th June, 2017. Please include “Supporter Services Manager” in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. Applications without the filled in Affirmative Action Form will not be accepted.
- Shortlisting of candidates based on cover letter, skills, experience.
- Telephonic discussion
- Written Assignments
- Face to face interview in Bangalore
- The selection process is expected to be completed by the middle of July and the selected candidate will be expected to join by the end/beginning of July / Aug 2017.
- Reports to: Director – Fundraising
- Department: Fundraising
- Direct report of 2 to 5 members.
- Location: Bangalore
- Salary: Annual CTC of INR: 946,441/-
- Travel: Moderate